The LSI SAS 9201-16e host bus adapter enables large-scale storage arrays through 16 high-speed 6Gb/s ports, supporting up to 1024 SATA and SAS physical devices. This HBA bolsters large capacity external server storage RAID and non-RAID enclosures by pairing an x8 PCI Express 2.0 host interface with four external x4 SFF8088 Mini-SAS connectors. LSI SATA+SAS HBAs are compatible with 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s, SATA and SAS, hard disk drives, solid state drives, and tape drives.
A key benefit of the 9201-16e over previous 16-port HBAs is the half-length form factor providing a great fit for 1U and 2U dense racks and servers. In addition, incorporation of active cable support on the Mini-SAS connectors enables storage to be placed up to 25 meters away from the HBA, which is a 150 percent increase over the distance limitation of 10 meters for standard SAS 2.0 connections.
- 6Gb/s data transfer rate per port
- Four x4 external SFF8088 Mini-SAS connectors
- x8 PCI Express 2.0 host interface
- Connects to SAS and SATA HDDs, SSDs, and tape drives
- Support for up to 1024 SATA end point devices
- Fusion-MPT architecture can achieve more than 290,000 I/Os per second
- PowerPC 440 @800MHz
- Supports most major operating systems
- RoHS compliant
- Three-year standard warranty
- Flexible SATA+SAS array architecture optimizes cost
- 16 external high-speed SAS ports for maximum mass-storage connectivity
- SATA+SAS interconnect proven through the LSI robust serial technology
- Environmentally friendly due to low-power consumption